Do you know what is the role of Laser Therapy in dentistry? If you’ve never heard about this advanced type of dental care, now is the time to check out! Do you feel nervous about the drilling sound at the dentist, then laser treatment may be a great solution for you! It gives you relief from headaches, pain, and also inflammation.
Types of Lasers Used in Dental Field
- Hard tissue Lasers– They can very perfectly cut into your teeth. This cuts off tiny amounts for shaping or during the preparation of a dental procedure. It is used for spotting cavities, treating teeth sensitivity, and preparing teeth for dental fillings.
- Soft tissue lasers– Amazing lasers for cutting into soft tissue and sealing the exposed blood vessels all at once! This is the very reason why you don’t bleed much when laser therapy is given and healing also becomes speedier. Soft tissue lasers are apt for cosmetic processes as you can immediately witness results. They are used for:
- Lengthening crowns
- Correcting limited tongue movement
- Redesigning your gums
- Removing folds in oral soft tissues made by dentures.
What Laser Dentistry Can Treat?
- Tooth decay: Lasers are used to eradicate decay present in a tooth and make ready your surrounding enamel for getting the filling.
- Gum disease: Lasers help to redesign gums and eliminate bacteria during root canal procedures.
- Biopsy or lesion removal: Lasers work to cut out a tiny piece of tissue known as a biopsy. The dentist performs this to examine for cancer. Lasers are also useful to eliminate lesions in the mouth and provide relief from the pain of canker sores or cold sores.
- Teeth Whitening: Lasers help to speed up the process of in-office teeth whitening. The bleaching agent that the dentist applies on the tooth surface is ”activated” by laser energy.
- Removal of Benign Tumor: The lasers also help to remove tumors on the gums and palate.
- TMJ Treatment: Dental lasers lessen the pain and inflammation of the TMJ in a very prompt way.
- Eliminating throat tissue that leads to sleep apnea. Your throat can be easily reshaped by a Laser and you can get relief from breathing troubles.
- Removing tissue around an exposed wisdom tooth.
- Regenerating damaged nerves.
- Reduce the amount of pain in a few cases, so minimizes the requirement for anesthesia
- The laser helps to sterilize the gums, limiting the risk of infection
- Minimize anxiety in patients not comfortable with a dental drill
- Minimal damage to gums quickens the healing time
- Lessens bleeding and swelling during soft tissue treatments
- Helps to preserve more healthy teeth while cleaning the cavity
Prevention -Still the Perfect Treatment!
When you take proper care of your teeth this might mean that you never have to opt for dental laser treatment. Follow a good oral regimen and visit your dentist regularly to avoid dental complications.
Now, if you’re in the search of a Dentist in Katy, TX, then surely visit our office at Heritage Dental! We provide treatments with Laser Therapy safely, efficiently, and confidently! You will never regret your decision. Schedule your consultation now!